ocba - [ocba] Fall Gardening

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Catherine Guerrero <catherinelguerrero AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Fall Gardening
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 19:20:48 -0400

Hey all,

I wanted to pass along this announcement for a series of fall gardening classes taking place in Orange County. I keep a couple of hives of bees on this farm and the farmer's are my in-laws to be, but besides all of that, they have have over 30 years of gardening/farming experience and they are generally great people.

Fall Organic Garden Series

Earthwise Company is partnering with Lee’s Healthy Cooking Classes and Peaceful River Farm to offer a fall workshop series that focuses on planning, planting, cultivating, harvesting, preparing, and eating a fall organic garden. This series is targeted at the beginning home gardener or small market farmer as well as the eater in all of us. Workshop topics include understanding organic practices and season extension, planning and garden layout, soil preparation and planting, irrigation and cultivation, weed, insect, disease and critter management, harvesting and post harvest handling, and food preparation for delicious nutrition. These workshops are hands on with both classroom and field time at Peaceful River Farm in southern Orange County. A workshop resource notebook and CD will be provided along with local and organic refreshments. The final class will focus on harvest and preparation of a light meal featuring local and organic food produced in conjunction with the workshops.

Workshops Date Time Location
Planning an Organic Fall Garden August 13 3 to 7 Peaceful River Farm
Planting an Organic Fall Garden August 27 3 to 7 Peaceful River Farm
Cultivating an Organic Fall Garden September 24 3 to 7 Peaceful River Farm
Eating an Organic Fall Garden October 29 3 to 7 Peaceful River Farm

$25 per person per workshop. You can attend any or all of the workshops

Workshop Instructors
Tony Kleese – Earthwise Company
Lee Newlin – Lee’s Healthy Cooking Classes/Peaceful River Farm
Larry Newlin – Peaceful River Farm

To register contact
Tony Kleese at 919 622 5897 or tkleese AT earthwiselife.com

  • [ocba] Fall Gardening, Catherine Guerrero, 08/08/2011