ocba - [ocba] Weather and the bees

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marci Ryan <marciryan AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Weather and the bees
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:17:20 -0400

Hi all,
We are new beekeepers and left our newly installed 3 lb package with
queen for the week. We fed them, and in my one inspection, they seemed
fine. We just got news from our bee-sitter that there was no activity
in the hive flowing yesterday's storms. They seem to have disappeared.
Is this common when tornados are around? Did we have bad luck or is
there something in our mismanagement? Thanks for your ideas, and I'd
love to be on the list for capturing a swarm!

Cheers,
Marci