ocba - [ocba] Equipment Workshop on Saturday

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: bees Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Equipment Workshop on Saturday
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 21:51:04 -0500

Hello Beekeepers,
Just a quick reminder that we will be having an equipment workshop at my shop on Saturday from 10 to 12. We will build and wire some frames, build a hive body, rewax some plastic frames, look at a solar wax melter, look at the differences between tangential and radial extractors, and whatever else comes up. Inspector Will Hicks will examine a recently dead hive and attempt to discern where things went wrong. There will be plenty of new folks from the Person County Bee School and we have also extended an invitation to the Chatham Beekeepers. We had a great time with this same workshop with the OCBA bee school folks this time last year. It was a great opportunity for new folks to connect with the more experienced and look at and talk about equipment. Please come out on Saturday and either learn or share your knowledge.

The shop is located at 8411 Hwy 86 N in Cedar Grove. There is a sign by the road advertising "Pick Your Own Blueberries".

Hope to see y'all Saturday!

Cheers,

Globe Life Insurance
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4d422f37631dbe2c982st04vuc

  • [ocba] Equipment Workshop on Saturday, Lewis Cauble, 01/27/2011