ocba - [ocba] pollinator garden plan

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] pollinator garden plan
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:26:50 -0500

Dear OCBA
Thanks for all of the interest. I think we will try to have a workday on Saturday December 12th from 9-12. I will have a tiller, compost and plants on hand. To all who expressed an interest in helping, I hope this date will work for you but if not there will be other days to weed etc... If we have enough interest, perhaps we can have a planting for bees workshop in the spring. Please bring a shovel and if you have any good bee plants to share. I will try to bring some extras from my garden too. Here is our tentative list of plants:
Varigated Wiegela
Compact Buddleia
Various Salvias
Monarda, Bee Balm
Trifoliate Orange
Anise Hyssop
Catmint, Nepeta 'Walkers Low'
? Herbs in containers: Mint, Oregano, Thyme, Horehound, Rosemary
Sedum
Asters
Goldenrod

I think we are shy on early spring honey plants and will look for some to add to the list. The Hillsborough Welcome Center, Dixon House, already has a great selection of pollinator plants so I will try not to repeat what is already there. To see my longer list of honey plants go to greenstonequarterly.com. To find the welcome center travel down Churton Street in downtown Hillsborough, turn east on King Street and go one block back, just past the post office, it will be on your right.
thanks
Geneva
919 475 7668

Mortgage Rates Hit 2.67%!
If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Gov't Refi Programs
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4ce5b0f59e0b5371274st01vuc

  • [ocba] pollinator garden plan, Geneva, 11/18/2010