ocba - [ocba] Our Extractor is Here!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: bees County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Our Extractor is Here!
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:58:11 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,
Dadant brought our 6 frame radial extractor to the meeting this weekend and Randall Austin brought it home in his truck. It's still in boxes so assembly may be required but it is available to OCBA members at this point. The kit includes everything you should need for extracting including a bucket with a gate, strainers, hot knife, cappings scratcher, and uncapping tub. I have a couple of supers to extract next weekend so I would be happy to assemble it and check it out unless someone else needs it.

OCBA really did a great job in the whole light honey competition this weekend. As I mentioned the other day, we swept the light extracted category. We also placed first in light chunk, light section, and light cut comb.

I really want to thank John Wallace for doing the workshop this spring on Ross Rounds and section honey. It was instrumental in our success!

http://www.netzero.net/freeemail?refcd=NZTAGOUT1FREM0210

  • [ocba] Our Extractor is Here!, Lewis Cauble, 07/11/2010