ocba - [ocba] This Weekend

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: bees County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] This Weekend
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 22:08:09 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,
It's a big bee weekend!  We'll be at the Butterfly Bash at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham on Saturday from 10 to 4.  I'll be setting up the bee gazebo over there on Friday afternoon.  All I need you to do is show up on Saturday to talk bees with interested folks.  We had a great time last year.  Please let me know if you can hang for a while on Saturday.

Also on Sunday from 4 to 7 we will be at the Farm to Fork picnic.  We need a couple of folks to show off an observation hive and hand out some honey samples.  Farm to Fork is an awesome event with killer food.  Tickets are 50 bucks each and it's been sold out for quite some time.  Set up is at 2 and the picnic is from 4 to 7.  If anyone who worked at Festival for Wildlife last weekend or will work at the Butterfly Bash this weekend, you can have first crack at this event.  Just let me know.  I think we are limited to 2 folks on this event.

The bee gazebo was a big hit at the Festival for Wildlife this past weekend.  Lanette and John Fee showed up for the early shift and were instrumental in getting the bee gazebo up and running and our table in order.  Peter and Taylor Solie showed up around lunch for a few hours and pitched in.  Chris and Sara Laudeman took over in the afternoon and did a fantastic job.  Shari and Michelle Metzger also pitched in during the afternoon.  Betsy and Clara Kemptor also helped in the afternoon and helped break everything down.  Of course Geneva was there all afternoon.  Thanks to all of you that helped!

Let me know if you can pitch in for a couple of hours on Saturday.

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
AwesomePennyStocks.com

  • [ocba] This Weekend, Lewis Cauble, 05/20/2010