ocba - [ocba] Fwd: [chathambeekeepers] new website for pollinator garden

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: [chathambeekeepers] new website for pollinator garden
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 22:37:33 -0400

Dear list
Thanks for coming to our talk on honey plants.  Please check out Chatham County's website on their pollinator garden.  Lots of great information.
Geneva

Begin forwarded message:

From: Debbie Roos <Debbie.Roos AT chathamnc.org>
Date: May 13, 2010 7:12:29 AM EDT

For those of you interested in pollinator conservation (and that should be anyone who likes to eat!), take a look at Cooperative Extension’s new website for the Chatham Mills “Pollinator Paradise” Demonstration Garden athttp://www.ces.ncsu.edu/chatham/ag/SustAg/chathammills.html

I added some new sections, most notably a “What’s in Bloom” list with photos of – you guessed it – all the plants currently blooming in the garden in Pittsboro. The website will continue to expand with lots more photos of all the plants plus other information. The garden is looking great and we are looking forward to having a good year with continued educational programming. The website includes a list of all the plants on site plus the nurseries where we purchased them.

We will be conducting monthly garden tours on the third Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm, starting May 19. No need to register…just show up!

Also, mark your calendars now for our 4th Annual National Pollinator Week Celebration to be held Saturday June 26! You can see photos of past celebrations on the website. We hope to see you there!

Whether you live near Pittsboro or find yourself passing through, come visit our pollinator paradise!

Debbie

Debbie Roos
Agricultural Extension Agent
Chatham County Center
North Carolina Cooperative Extension
919.542.8202
debbie_roos AT ncsu.edu
www.growingsmallfarms.org

  • [ocba] Fwd: [chathambeekeepers] new website for pollinator garden, Geneva, 05/13/2010