ocba - Re: [ocba] How can we prevent this?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Chris Burtner <chris AT campchestnutridge.org>
  • To: stephanie.joan.h AT gmail.com
  • Cc: Chatham Beekeepers <chathambeekeepers AT lists.ncsu.edu>, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] How can we prevent this?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:46:48 -0400

This is a sad story! What beautiful comb those bees made and for them all to be destroyed, such a shame. It seems like a TV and radio public service announcement or news story would be very helpful to educate the public. There have been 2 articles about bees in the News and Observer recently, one just this week, so that offers a little hope.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/27/408660/the-buzz-on-bees-and-crops.html?storylink=misearch
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04/19/443724/long-live-the-queen-bees.html?storylink=misearch

Chris Burtner
Garden Manager