ocba - [ocba] State Fair

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] State Fair
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:27:38 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,
As soon as I can get ahold of the official results, I will post them. So far, I'm pretty sure of the following.

OCBA display won first place and Best in Show. Thats $125 for 1st and $50 for Best in Show. I'm still giddy about this achievement! Our Fair Czar, Connie Harrell deserves a huge round of applause for her leadership and hard work on this effort. There are many people to thank for pitching in on this including David Langham and everyone who participated in the wax workshop back in September, Eva Hoke for putting together the gift basket and everyone who contributed to that, Rhonda Jones who put together an awesome "Cooking with Honey" section in the display, Geneva for her artwork and hard work on the "12 Honey Plants" display, Gayle for helping us put it all together at the fair, William McKee for loaning us 2 cases of honey and providing us with some wax to work with. I know there are others that deserve mentioning that I have left out. It was a real "What's good for the hive is good for the honeybee" group effort and I hope you will all bask in this victorious light! OK...The last line may have been over the top. What I'm trying to say is, "Good job, gang".

Eva earned a 3rd place ribbon with the gift basket.

Geneva earned a blue ribbon with her 12 honey plants and I believe a 3rd place for her b/w photo.

I earned 2 4th place ribbons. 1 for some light extracted honey and 1 for a frame of honey for extraction. My observation hive brought home a 2nd place ribbon.

Both Eva and I have some amber extracted honey entered and I do not know how they did.

Still waiting to find out about Rhonda's cooking entries.

There is still room to volunteer at the NCSBA booth so get in touch with Don Hopkins if you would like to pitch in. I have a parking pass to share if you are volunteering that will get you in to gate 4. Geoff Gledhill will be using it tomorrow, I'll use it on Tuesday and Wednesday as well as Sunday night for the take down. It's available for the other times. Just let me know if you need it and we will connect.

Cheers,

Top Faith-Based Degrees
Browse top Christian degrees from accredited online universities.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/c?cp=a3mtQxpK4CLU5P-RYXSbXAAAJ1H59Ihbrm1K7qbkTQM97gAsAAQAAAAFAAAAABrUsz4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARFCQAAAAA=

  • [ocba] State Fair, Lewis Cauble, 10/15/2009