ocba - [ocba] Thanks, My hive has a new home.

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Frank Kloch <frankkloch AT mac.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers List Server <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Thanks, My hive has a new home.
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 00:03:54 -0400

HI all,
Thanks, my bees have a new home in Youngsville. Because I moved to Wake County, I contacted Betsy Spenser on the mentor list of the Wake County Beekeepers Association . She was kind enough to advise me how to move the hive and put me in contact with another newbie beekeeper who had room for my hive. My Friend in Chapel Hill, LIz, helped me strap my hive parts together, swept in the group of bees sitting on the front porch of the hive with a screen cover, then help me carry the hive into my enclosed trailer. She is as sweet as my bees were. The bees let us do all that without any hoods, glove or smoke and not any sign of aggression nor stings! My hive is still in my trailer tonight because the weather was not cooperating when I went to set it in it's new home. Lighting was flashing all around and it was coming down in buckets! I'll get up around 5:30 am to take them to their new location at Barbara's house. When you think about it beekeepers are the nicest most trusting people. Here I am a complete stranger getting connections to another beekeeper who doesn't know me yet lets me bring my bees to her property.
Thanks to all who responded
to my email with offers of help.

Frank Kloch

  • [ocba] Thanks, My hive has a new home., Frank Kloch, 06/30/2008