ocba - [ocba] [Fwd: Honeybees]

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] [Fwd: Honeybees]
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:23:31 -0400

Can anyone help him out?
--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Ryland Vest <hrv1042 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: beckyalis AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Honeybees
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:32:24 -0400
Ms. Bollinger
I live in an old restored house just outside of Hillsborough. Some years ago during the restoration the walls in an upstairs bedroom hid a huge colony of bees. The contractor eradicated this colony.

Last summer another swarm appeared and seemed to have gained access through a gable into the wall structure of the aforementioned bedroom. An exterminator attempted to get rid of this group with a spray. It appears that this spring they have returned. My daughter lives in this area of the house and much to her chagrin is occasionally faced with an intruder.

Rather than deal with exterminators I thought perhaps you might direct me to someone with more knowledge in an effort to solve the problem.

Thanks for your kind attention.
H. Ryland Vest, Jr,MD

--- End Message ---

  • [ocba] [Fwd: Honeybees], Becky Bollinger, 04/28/2008