ocba - [ocba] Queen Cells

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Laudemans" <chrisandlisa AT laudeman.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Queen Cells
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:51:40 -0400

Hi beekeepers,

Is anyone interested in a couple of queen cells (with queens)?

We've been watching our hive closely as it seemed to be thinking about
swarming. We decided to try to split the hive, and today we moved bees,
brood, and a lovely large queen cell to a new hive body. We found the old
queen and left her in the established hive. I removed other developing
queen cells including 4 capped cells. Two of those actually ended up open
though I don't think they were quite ready. We wanted to open the hive a
few days ago, but it was raining. So, we have two capped queen cells and
two virgin queens. I suppose the virgin queens are destined to die, but is
anyone interested in the queen cells?

Chris Laudeman

  • [ocba] Queen Cells, Laudemans, 04/08/2008