ocba - Re: [ocba] Fw: list of flowering plants

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Elisabeth Curtis" <granda.curtis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Fw: list of flowering plants
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:44:06 -0500

Also, to get to Debbie Roos' website on pollinators, go to www.growingsmallfarms,org and click on "What's New?" She is constantly updating and adding to it. She is also a fabulous nature photographer.

On Jan 11, 2008 12:58 PM, Eva Hoke <hoke0002 AT notes.duke.edu> wrote:

After yesterday's question about flowering plants that bees prefer, I located a list from the website. It is from California, but many plants grow here as well. The first website is the general site. The second identifies the list. If you cannot access the second, try the first and find 'long list' highlighted in red under 'Natives vs Exotics' and click on the site.
Also, I need to mention that bees will increase your weed population. (they do not discriminate between weeds and non weeds) Thanks Eva

http://nature.berkeley.edu/urbanbeegardens
http://nature.berkeley.edu/urbanbeegardens/docs/FullPlantList.pdf