ocba - [ocba] STATE FAIR

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] STATE FAIR
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:44:57 -0400

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that our club's display booth at the state fair won 2nd place. Thanks again to Gayle, Charles, Nancy, David, & Buck for helping provide materials, ideas, and setting up. Tom Wright has volunteered to help take down the display, is there anyone else who can help him. It can not be taken down until Sunday night after the fair closes or on Monday from 8am - 12pm.

At the meeting I asked for members to think of any ideas they had for our display booth next year. Factors they consider when judging the booth are educational & advertising value, showmanship: decoration, overall attractiveness and originality, and quality: overall display and component parts. We can also include individual entries in our display booth, including your honey, candles, wax, pictures, etc. Here is a link to the Premium Book for this year's state fair to give you an idea of how it all works http://www.ncstatefair.org/2007a/Competitions/PremiumBook/2007DeptI.pdf
So come to the next meeting with your ideas for the booth and we will vote on it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Becky

  • [ocba] STATE FAIR, Becky Bollinger, 10/13/2007