ocba - Re: [ocba] naturally flavored honey

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Tom Wright <twright AT vicksburg.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] naturally flavored honey
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:09:41 -0400

Patrick Gannon wrote:
I would like tell you a story about the honey I just harvested and to see if anyone has experienced or heard about it before. As I taste & smell tested it for nuances in this second batch, which came from late spring and summer blossoms, an unexpected experience made itself known to my chemical senses. The honey was imbued with a strong flavor of mint. After my initial suprise, I realized that the ladies had prepared a special kind of flavored sweetener for my morning cup of Darjeeling tea. Last year my neighbour had supplied both my garden and other local people with three varieties of mint plants which had gown very well all over the place. Clearly, the nectar was attractive to my ladies and the taste of mint, whch we all know is pervasive, was carried along for the ride. It is great and I dont even have to worry about a special state license for  artificially introduced flavoring, which I would never do anyway. Cheers, Dr Patrick Gannon; City Island Gold.