ocba - [ocba] State Fair Beekeeping Fun

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "David Langham" <david_langham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] State Fair Beekeeping Fun
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:28:30 -0400

Beekeepers,

In addition to Don Moore speaking, Don Hopkins is going to come to our meeting tonight to ask if people would like to volunteer to work at the State Fair this year. (If you are working on the Master Beekeeper Program, this counts as service.) I have done it several times and it is great fun
and you get into the State Fair for free! You stand or sit in a booth and talk about beekeeping to people who walk by. In the past, an observation hive is setup and people love to see it.

The dates are: October 14 - 23.
The time slots are: 9-1, 1-5, 5-9.
Two people work in the booth at a time so if you are interested in doing this, you might want to buddy up with someone.

If you are interested, please look at your calendar (if you can) before the meeting so that Don can get you signed up.
David

  • [ocba] State Fair Beekeeping Fun, David Langham, 09/15/2005