ocba - [ocba] OCBA - April's Meeting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "David Langham" <david_langham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA - April's Meeting
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:07:30 -0400

Dear Orange County Beekeeper,

At April's meeting, we are going to have a panel of experienced
beekeepers discuss questions regarding beekeeping. I would like for you
to take a minute and email me questions that are on your mind about
keeping bees, how does this beekeeper do this, what is this beekeeper's
experience with this and so forth. Every beekeeper does things a little
differently and it will be interesting to hear this discussion.

Please send me your questions soon. I would like to get the questions
to the panelists before the meeting, so that they have time to think
about their answers.

We will also go around the room and discuss the "State of the Hives" in
Orange/Durham County. Be prepare to say

1) How many hives do you have?

2) Are they strong or weak?

3) Are they new (packages/nucs) or did you over-winter?

4) Did you have any losses over-winter?

5) Do you have mites and/or hive beetles?

6) Are you as excited about Spring Beekeeping as I am???????

Thank you

David Langham

david_langham AT hotmail.com

  • [ocba] OCBA - April's Meeting, David Langham, 04/07/2005