ncmia - Re: [NCMIA] Microfilm Digitization

ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: NC Moving Image Archivists

  • From: David Gwynn <jdgwynn AT uncg.edu>
  • To: ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NCMIA] Microfilm Digitization
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:33:40 -0500

We're working with a Maryland company called Creekside Digital <http://creeksidedigital.com/> as part of Lyrasis' Mass Digitization Collaborative <http://www.lyrasis.org/Products-and-Services/Digital-Services/Mass-Digitization-Collaborative.aspx>. I've been happy with their work so far. They provide TIFF, PDF, and JP2 (and do OCR as well). They also offer segmentation and collation as options.

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about the vendor or the program off-list.

--

David Gwynn
Digital Projects Coordinator, UNCG University Libraries

http://library.uncg.edu/dp/
http://uncgdigital.blogspot.com/