ncmia - Re: [NCMIA] [Fwd: Fwd: [AMIA-Member-L] The Moving Image Welcomes New Editorial Team!!]

ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: NC Moving Image Archivists

  • From: Kirston Johnson <kirston.johnson AT duke.edu>
  • To: Marsha Orgeron <marsha_orgeron AT ncsu.edu>
  • Cc: ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org, ncmia-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NCMIA] [Fwd: Fwd: [AMIA-Member-L] The Moving Image Welcomes New Editorial Team!!]
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 08:54:08 -0400

Congratulations, Marsha and Devin!  This is great news.

Best,

Kirston

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Kirston Johnson
Moving Image Archivist
Duke University
Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections
Smith Warehouse
114 South Buchanan Blvd.
Bay 35, Box 90767
Durham, NC  27708
919-681-7963
kirston.johnson AT duke.edu
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Marsha Orgeron <marsha_orgeron AT ncsu.edu>
Sent by: ncmia-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org

10/27/2008 08:35 AM

Lisa Carter <lisa_carter AT ncsu.edu>
cc
ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject
Re: [NCMIA] [Fwd: Fwd: [AMIA-Member-L] The Moving Image Welcomes New Editorial Team!!]

Thanks for posting this, Lisa. If any of you are working on an article
or have one that you've been
meaning to write (we also have a forum section for shorter/less
conventionally scholarly pieces),
keep us in mind. Inquiries are always welcome!

Best,
Marsha

Dr. Marsha Orgeron
Associate Professor and Director, Film Studies
North Carolina State University

Co-editor, The Moving Image
http://www.upress.umn.edu/journals/movingimage/default.html

Tompkins 202
Office: 919-515-4149
Fax: 919-515-1836

Department of English—CB 8105
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8105

Lisa Carter wrote:
> For those of you not on the AMIA listserv, the Orgerons are representin'
> at the AMIA Journal.
>
> Lisa

mailto:lrooney AT amianet.org>>
> Date: Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 2:47 PM
> Subject: [AMIA-Member-L] The Moving Image Welcomes New Editorial Team!!
> To: AMIA-MEMBER AT listserve.com <
mailto:AMIA-MEMBER AT listserve.com>

> [...]
> Celebrity in the Movie Age/ (Wesleyan University Press, 2008) and a
> dozen articles in books and journals such as /Film Quarterly/, /The
> Moving Image,/ /Cinema Journal/, /Quarterly Review of Film & Video/, and
> /Historical Journal of Film, Radio & Television/.  She is currently at
> work on a book about director Sam Fuller's war films, beginning with the
> 16mm amateur footage he shot of Falkenau concentration camp at the close
> of WWII.
>

> Three-time Orphan Film Symposium veterans and home movie enthusiasts,
> the Orgerons are also currently co-editing /Learning with the Lights
> Off: A Reader in Educational Film/ with Dan Streible (forthcoming with
> Oxford University Press in 2010).  They are also the co-founders, with
> A/V Geek Skip Elsheimer, of Home Movie Day Raleigh, now in its fourth
> year.  They are both excited to work with AMIA members in their
> co-editorial role for /The Moving Image/ and are looking forward to
> meeting folks in Savannah at the AMIA Annual conference in the fall.
>

> Teri Tynes is an experienced college educator, editor, published writer,
> and new media entrepreneur. Before moving to New York in the summer of
> 2006 she lived in Columbia, South Carolina where she served in several
> leadership positions in publishing and the arts.  She was
> editor-in-chief and art critic of the city's major weekly newspaper, the
> director of the state's largest contemporary gallery, and a lecturer in
> art history at the University of South Carolina. She also worked as an
> in-house editor for the literary publishing house, Bruccoli, Clark, and
> Layman, editing volumes of the Dictionary of Literary Biography.
>

> In July of 2007 Tynes created the website, Walking Off the Big Apple, a
> strolling guide to New York arts and culture. In addition, she works as
> a consultant for the Tribeca Film Institute's Reframe website project,
> writing a blog titled "Shoe Leather" on independent film. She has
> published reviews of arts exhibitions and multi-media performances for
> ArtPapers and other arts publications, and she is the author of several
> catalogue essays on contemporary art. She lives in New York with her
> spouse, film historian Dan Streible, and two dogs.
>

> Published by the University of Minnesota Press, /The Moving Image/
> explores topics relevant to both the media archivist and the media
> scholar.  /The Moving Image/ deals with crucial issues surrounding the
> preservation, archiving, and restoration of film, video, and digital
> moving images. The journal features detailed profiles of moving image
> collections; interpretive and historical essays about archival
> materials; articles on archival description, appraisal, and access;
> behind-the-scenes looks at the techniques used to preserve, restore, and
> digitize moving images; and theoretical articles on the future of the field.
>

> Inquiries and submissions should be directed to the co-editors at
mailto:marsha_orgeron AT ncsu.edu> and
> devin_orgeron AT ncsu.edu <
mailto:devin_orgeron AT ncsu.edu>.  For more
http://www.amianet.org/>, or see

http://www.amianet.org/>