ncmia - Re: [NCMIA] [Fwd: [snca-list] Archives Week Dates!!]

ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: NC Moving Image Archivists

  • From: Stephanie Stewart <stewarts AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NCMIA] [Fwd: [snca-list] Archives Week Dates!!]
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:38:30 -0400

Hi Karen,

Sounds like a really good idea...

As you all probably know from the tour, we have a boatload of 16mm football films that we could show (several unc/duke, unc/state games). No basketball films here though.

These are all silent films, so having music or commentary during the screening might be nice.

Stephanie

Quoting Karen M Glynn <karen.glynn AT duke.edu>:

This sounds like a plan. What do folks think about screening other films
in addition to home movies during archive week. We have some 16mm films in
manuscript collections that I think would appeal to a broad audience. Do
you think the triangle would be interested in an evening of sports
screenings? Say UNC/Duke or State/Duke?UNC ? Karen

Kirston Johnson
<kirston.johnson@
duke.edu> To
Sent by: ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org
ncmia-bounces@lis cc
ts.ibiblio.org
Subject
Re: [NCMIA] [Fwd: [snca-list]
06/26/2008 09:49 Archives Week Dates!!]
AM

Hi all,

This does seem to dovetail well with our plans to screen home movies from
our collections the week after Home Movie Day (October 18). I'm starting
to compile a list of home movies from Duke University's Special Collections
and plan to choose a handful of films for the screenings. Perhaps the next
step is for each of us to submit a list of films for screening to the
listserv. This will allow us to see how our individual choices support or
overlap with screenings at other institutions. After each of us has chosen
some films, we could plan another meeting to discuss scheduling, locations,
and promotion. Should we try to have these preliminary lists posted by the
end of July?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Best,

Kirston

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Kirston Johnson
Moving Image Archivist
Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library
Duke University
Box 90185, Durham, NC 27708
Tel: 1-919-681-7963 Fax: 1-919-660-5934
kirston.johnson AT duke.edu

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Lisa Carter
<lisa_carter AT ncsu.edu>
Sent by:
ncmia-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.or To
g ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org
cc

06/24/2008 11:35 PM Subject
[NCMIA] [Fwd: [snca-list]
Archives Week Dates!!]

FYI, this seems to dovetail nicely with the idea we had of home movie
programming falling between home movie day and audiovisual heritage day.