nafex - [nafex] Hazelnut Compatibility Questions

  • From: Dennis B <pogohome@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Hazelnut Compatibility Questions
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 06:39:55 -0500

I just bought 4 HazelNut trees before learning about self-Incompatibility
Alleles.

>From what I have dug up:

York S2 and S21 (only S21 is expressed in Pollen)

Somerset S3 and S10 (S3 is expressed in Pollen)

Hunterdon S1 and S3 (S3 is expressed in Pollen)

Raritan S3 and S22 (S3 is expressed in Pollen)
Will these be able to cross pollinate and provide nuts if I grow them close
together (10 foot)?
Will the seeds express the same alleles (expressed or not) or will
compatibility be determined over time?

Thank you
Dennis

  • [nafex] Hazelnut Compatibility Questions, Dennis B, 03/29/2023