nafex - Re: [nafex] Leaves in hole before fruit tree

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Leaves in hole before fruit tree
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 07:32:38 -0500

I echo Lee's advice. I never amend holes now, I plant in soil as it lays and top dress.

My first experience growing fruit trees I amended all (very big) holes. They lasted about 12 years, got quite large, but when they started dying, a post mortem revealed roots did not penetrate beyond the original hole diameter.