nafex - Re: [nafex] rooting kakis / persimmons

  • From: Jerry Lehman <jwlehmantree@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] rooting kakis / persimmons
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 08:37:31 -0500

On 1/8/2017 4:24 PM, England's Orchard and NUrseryEngland's Orchard and NUrsery wrote:
Rooted trees take a very long time to produce fruit I do not know why and it
is a draw back to the process and we should examine it again but the method
is to just to slow to make any production of it profitable at this level,
Cliff
When you say rooted trees you're smean induced roots? The Rosseyanka trees I have from Paula Pijut's in-vitro propagation would tend the back that up. My experience is that grafted Rosseyanka, the same as Morris Burton, do take longer to come into bearing after grafting than most other persimmon varieties. Also my in-vitro Rosseyanka seem to be less vigorous, but I can't say for sure because the timer or two when we had a night of -10° and lower there was considerable winter freeze damage. Jerry