nafex - [nafex] no mulberries this year

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] no mulberries this year
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 16:46:01 +0000 (UTC)

Last year I decided some of these mulberry weed trees have got to go. I
wanted to check their blossoms this spring and remove at least a few males,
and later check the fruits on the females. The 27 degree night (maybe a
little colder in my microclimate) damaged some of the males, and I'm seeing
no female flowers.

Also, the freeze hit wine grapes hard, but I see lots of flower buds on the
recovering growth of wild grapes.

tc, s WI

  • [nafex] no mulberries this year, tanis grif, 05/23/2016