nafex - [nafex] Nurse limbs - which grafting situations need them, where are they counterproductive?

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • Subject: [nafex] Nurse limbs - which grafting situations need them, where are they counterproductive?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 13:27:47 -0400

I have had good experiences using nurse limbs when grafting to apple and pear root sprouts. However, now I am grafting to native persimmon rootsprouts and wonder if nurse limbs will be counterproductive by drawing too much energy and nutrients away from my graft.

Does any one have experience using this technique and would consider it beneficial when grafting to persimmon, pawpaw or hickory?

Betsy Hilborn