nafex - Re: [nafex] Accelerate Fruiting - morus nigra

  • From: Lee Reich <leeareich@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Accelerate Fruiting - morus nigra
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:13:39 -0500

Plants need to grow beyond their juvenility phase before they can bear
flowers and fruit. The way to do this is to maximize growth. Experiments with
apple seedling showed that prolonging growth with a greenhouse (and maybe
artificial lighting for longer days), in addition to good growing conditions,
hastened the transition to maturity. (This was from a research report by Dr.
Richard Zimmerman in, I think, HortScience).

Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at http://www.leereich.com/blog
<http://www.leereich.com/blog>
http://leereich.com/ <http://leereich.com/>