nafex - [nafex] Late Rooted Fig Cuttings

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Late Rooted Fig Cuttings
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 14:41:39 -0500

Greetings All -

Late this summer I stumbled across a couple of new-to-me fig trees from
which I was able to take cuttings. Most are now rooted in 50/50
perlite/vermiculite. I'm wondering what the best way to get them through
winter is. I've brought them inside and have them sitting beside a sunny
south-facing window at the moment. Most still have their "nursery" leaf
still attached (on one cutting the leaf has fallen off, but it appears
fairly well-rooted).

I'm inclined to leave them as is with leaves, keep them moist, and see what
happens over winter.

Thoughts?

Pete Chrisbacher
Wilmington DE (6b)