nafex - Re: [nafex] Diospyros rhombifolia

  • From: Jerry Lehman <jwlehmantree@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Diospyros rhombifolia
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:05:14 -0400

On 10/14/2015 6:34 AM, mark wessel wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with D. rhombifolia. A friend from Longwood
Gardens posted a picture of one last week. The fruit is very similar in shape
to the Geneva long. If so, please comment on taste and hardiness.
Mark,

Yes I have one in a bucket and I've had it for several years. It is an attractive fruit but the taste is absolutely horrible. It tastes like it is pure poison. I'm including a picture of a fruit cut in half. This is a rather large file, please let me know if you received it okay as ibiblio doesn't send a copy to the sender.
Jerry