nafex - Re: [nafex] fertilzing

  • From: Jerry Lehman <jwlehman@aol.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] fertilzing
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 09:48:55 -0400

Two people have reported this. Can anyone speak from experience? And then I wonder if this refers to maybe some individual sand such as silica sand? I have a tributary that runs through my farm that leaves fresh deposits of sand. I have a tractor with the loader and I've hauled quite a few loads of sand onto my garden and mixed it in. On one end of the garden I mixed in a pretty heavy amount, like several inches. I've seen no evidence of compacting or hardening. I like to collect the soil from that area to use for potting. I also add compost across my garden which may be negating any hardening affect. The sand that I bring up this quite clean.

Jerry