nafex - [nafex] Any tricks to ID female persimmon seedlings?

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • Subject: [nafex] Any tricks to ID female persimmon seedlings?
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 17:50:08 -0400

Hi folks,
I just planted many of the seeds collected from my Yates persimmon last fall. Is there anyway to ID females before I have to set them out in their permanent site?

I tried to search my NAFEX posts as I seem to remember someone (was it Jerry?) mentioning that males are the more vigorous seedlings. Is that actionable knowledge, or has it been disproven?

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC