nafex - [nafex] Fireblight-Resistant Pear for LA area?

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Fireblight-Resistant Pear for LA area?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:15:25 -0700

I'm making up a list of recommended species & varieties for our community
garden. We have room for fruit trees on a south-facing fence.

I personally gave up on pears since the stupid Bradford pear landscaping
around here is a constant source of fireblight infection. However, if
people wanted to try, what are the best tasting fireblight-resistant
varieties you've tasted that would do okay in a low chill environment like
Pasadena, CA? (Zone 10).

Thank you,

Megan Lynch
http://www.meganlynch.net

  • [nafex] Fireblight-Resistant Pear for LA area?, Spidra Webster, 04/15/2015