nafex - Re: [nafex] OT- Honey, New design bee hive. Easy to get honey

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] OT- Honey, New design bee hive. Easy to get honey
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 07:43:45 -0500

These have been quite th buzz lately (ugh!)

Seriously, they do seem to be polarizing at least a subset of the
beekeeping community.

I read through a page listing benefits/drawbacks and I've come to the
conclusion that for a small beekeeper with a small number of hives in one
location, beekeeping primarily for self-consumption, this would probably be
a useful and convenient thing to have. Most of the drawbacks I saw listed
were minimal or irrelevant, asuming the bees were conscientiously managed.
The biggest drawback I saw was price.

That said, I don't plan to buy one any time soon as they don't really make
sense for a beekeeper running 30 hives ;)

Pete Chrisbacher
Wilmington DE