nafex - Re: [nafex] apples

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] apples
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:17:35 -0500

Toni,

Apples do not get more flavor after they are picked. They will
lose some of their acidity and thus taste sweeter, but not more
flavorful.

It's not clear if this is your first crop and therefore an unusual
year for you. Possibly, you let the trees produce too much fruit.
This has the effect of diluting the flavor. Try more thinning.

Sherwin Dubren