nafex - [nafex] want pear seedlings?

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] want pear seedlings?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:12:08 -0700

Well, they are maybe too old to call seedlings, but might still be OK for
grafting.  They have been in pots longer than they should, waiting for me to
build a new exclusion for them.  I'm sure the roots have grown into the soil
under the pots.  They took rabbit damage for 2 winters.  Does anyone want to
try using these?  More detailed description available, but not until the
dormant season and an attempt to move them will I know how bad the roots are.

They started as seeds of Petit Muscat, open pollinated to mostly Bartlett
types.  The plan was to get a few dwarfish rootstocks by comparing them in a
nursery, but the project stalled.

Tanis Cuff, s.WI

  • [nafex] want pear seedlings?, tanis grif, 08/16/2014