nafex - Re: [nafex] Sudden die back on apple trees and few blossoms

  • From: "Scott Weber and Muffy Barrett" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Sudden die back on apple trees and few blossoms
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 11:28:28 GMT

My first thought is the cold winter. It nearly killed all of my peaches--I
don't even have leaves coming, and flower buds are more tender. Some apples
may be more winter tender than others. I know some pears are. Could that be
the case with your trees? With the two that are so stressed, have you
checked for trunk damage? It can be hard to see when it first happens and
sometimes I don't notice it until the tree up and dies. Muffy BarrettSouthern
Wisconsin