nafex - Re: [nafex] Considering Cornelian cherry trees in the southeast -experience?

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Considering Cornelian cherry trees in the southeast -experience?
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 10:14:46 -0500

Hi Little John,
There's one from Bulgaria that I got from a nursery in England. Three
from the Crimean Experiment station when it was a part of the USSR, might be
a couple from Turkey from seeds I picked up on the street in Istanbul and
elsewhere. My daughter does all the growing these days so not sure if she
has put names to any of these. Yes, Jellico also. The Bulgarian was the
largest fruited of any I had ever seen when I saw it on a potted plant in
England. Doesn't seem to be that large here, but we haven't fertilized.
Hector