nafex - Re: [nafex] Currants and gooseberries for the hot & humid east?

  • From: Kieran <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Currants and gooseberries for the hot & humid east?
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 16:48:45 -0600

I ordered 2 of the Bens, and Blackdown. Seems like they were growing Blackdown somewhere rather hot... I thought it looked like a good bet. The Ben Lomand drops it's leaves in late summer, and then uses up it's nice green buds to put on a new crop of leaves not long before frost. Blackdown by contrast, keeps it's leaves. Neither have produced many flowers, it seems they like a LOT of potassium. But I have far more hope of getting good crops out of the Blackdown. I have already got a sucker from the Blackdown going in a pot and hope to soon have 3 bushes of it, will take the others out I think. Donna

"It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need
for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of
recreational activity." ~ David Barry