nafex - [nafex] Collecting Persimmons <Squish!>

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Collecting Persimmons <Squish!>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:30:24 -0400

This year I've decided to harvest / collect a bunch of persimmons and store
the pulp for use throughout the fall and winter. During my first foray a
few days ago, I collected a gallon or so in a Ziploc bag, but by the time
they made it home, many were squished, and I fear will be discarded during
the sorting/washing phase (I plan to use the "Laundry Bag Technique" to
pulp them).

Anyone have any good tips for collecting american persimmons (several
gallons per outing) to minimize squishing?

Thanks -

Pete Chrisbacher
Southeastern PA