nafex - Re: [nafex] Red haw on apple rootstock?

  • From: Louis Pittman <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Red haw on apple rootstock?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 07:31:02 -0500

I dunno, Jeff. I'm not certain that.the mayhaws would fruit reliably in
Indiana, but I could be mistaken.
I've got a number of mayhaws here just north or the KY/TN line, grafted
onto native C.crus-galli understock, and have had several folks comment
that they were surprised that I'd had any success getting fruit. Biggest
obstacle for mine is rust.

Lucky PIttman
Hopkinsvile, KY