nafex - [nafex] rabbits

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] rabbits
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:51:01 -0700

The rabbits are out of control. For years simple fencing sufficed, this year
they wiped out 24 of my apples trees on M27. Especially annoying was my lose
on Northern Spy as it was just starting to fruit (one apple last year).

The easiest way I found to solve this was to take a 2 foot tree branch of
about 1 ½ inches in diameter and practice throwing it laterally so it spins
like a helicopter blade horizontally. After a few minutes of practice I
nailed three rabbits in quick succession. And then 2 more. They are pretty
easy to sneak up on and let lose. If you are chasing one be aware they will
instinctively bank hard right or left at almost a 90 degree angle…you can
count on it so don’t throw where they are throw to the right or left and you
have 50% chance of nailing it.

I called the DNR and they issued a permit for me to dispatch rabbits and
racoons on site as nuisance animals.

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====