nafex - Re: [nafex] Kiwis and frost

  • From: Steve Herje <loneroc1@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Kiwis and frost
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 05:34:25 -0500

We frosted down to about 28F last weekend. My apricots were past bloom but
not quite to shuck and kiwis (kolomitkas) had expanded growth---maybe an
inch and a half.

I sprayed with a KDL (potassium dextro-lactate) solution earlier in the
day. I had no damage on the apricots and minimal shoot loss on the kiwis.
Without the spray there would have been very few apricots left and nearly
every kiwi shoot would have been burned black. Good stuff.

Steve Herje
Lone Rock SW Wisconsin
USDA zone 3-4 w/warmer winters the last few years