nafex - Re: [nafex] sweet cherry trees

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] sweet cherry trees
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 11:37:56 -0400

I don't know if the flavor is what you want, but the U Saskatchewan dwarf
sour cherries are supposed to be quite sweet, despite being more closely
related to the sour cherries.

http://www.fruit.usask.ca/dwarfsourcherries.html

They would surely be cold hardy where you are, although they might have other
issues, since most everywhere else is wetter in the summer than the prairies
where they were bred. They have sold US marketing rights to some US
distributors, so many of them are available in the US.

Ginda