nafex - [nafex] Grafting techniques and overall success

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • Subject: [nafex] Grafting techniques and overall success
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:48:38 -0400

I am a novice grafter. I have not done many grafts as I am just graft occasionally for my own orchard. However, what I am getting from this discussion about techniques is that for easy fruits like apple, the technique itself may not matter as much as the comfort level of the practitioner. In other words, the key is the matching up of the cambium. Whatever is easy for an individual will probably work.

But for more difficult situations such as grafting pawpaws, jujubes, nut trees, what are the best techniques for overall success? Is there a difference in overall success among techniques?

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC

  • [nafex] Grafting techniques and overall success, Elizabeth Hilborn, 03/31/2013