nafex - [nafex] Nikita's Gift

  • From: Craig Evankoe <CEvanko@civconinc.com>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Nikita's Gift
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:43:26 +0000

I bought Nikita's Gift from One Green World in '09. It was at least 3 years
old. Last year I got my first persimmon. Oh, happy day!. 2 years ago I had
flowers but they dropped without developing fruit. I am 30 miles west of
Chicago which has been reclassified as 5b. 2 years ago we were having some
severe weather in January in the negative numbers so I covered it with a
large plastic bag for about 2 weeks. There has been no die-back but the
severe weather may be the cause of the flower drop.

Craig
Lemont, Illinois

  • [nafex] Nikita's Gift, Craig Evankoe, 03/29/2013