nafex - Re: [nafex] dreadfully chopped off roots on my Bay Laurel Nursery trees!

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] dreadfully chopped off roots on my Bay Laurel Nursery trees!
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 12:55:29 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I've had very good luck with Bay Laurel over the last 20 years. I've gotten
a few trees from them and other nurseries with severely chopped roots, but I
never lost one. I've gotten two (out of 40-50 trees) from them that were
mis-labelled. A tree labelled 'NectaZee' is a clingstone (contrary to the
patent description) and the 'Ambrosia' pomegranate was something other.

Otherwise, I would recommend them. They are still one of my top picks for
fruit nurseries.

Put a 5 gallon pail of water on the tree each week that you don't get at
least an inch of rain and your chances of survival and even good growth will
improve dramatically.

Anton
North Carolina, Earth