nafex - Re: [nafex] Pruning advice?

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pruning advice?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 07:48:37 -0500

I have several seedling mulberries that I planted near the chicken yard for
shade and hopefully fruit. I prune the sh*t out of them every year to keep
them in bounds horizontally, while hoping that they will grow up
vertically. First of all, no amount of pruning mulberries seems to injure
or discourage them in any way. And second of all, 2 out of 3 of the
mulberries seem to want to grow every which way but up. I think mulberries
often grow with very odd forms, but most of them around here seem to
eventually to grow more or less into a more or less upright/leaning
sometimes multi-trunked or poorly branched tree.

I'd say just keep hacking and it should get the point eventually. ;)

-matt
z5 se MI