nafex - [nafex] Naming a peach?

  • From: Andrew Hahn <andrew.p.hahn@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Naming a peach?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:01:58 -0600

Hi All,
I have a seedling peach of unknown parentage that has turned out to be
surprisingly good. It is a medium sized white fleshed peach with
white/light green skin blushed with dark red where the sun hits it.
The fruit is sweet and nicely balanced with a pronounced rose aroma
and flavor.
I don't yet know much about the tree except it has survived the last 5
years in Denver CO and it set a heavy crop this year (as did all
peaches here). I'm planning on offering scion through a few different
exchanges to anyone interested in helping to trial it.

My questions are:
- Does it sound like it could be worth giving a name to?
- If so, should I name it before offering it, or just give it a number
until it is better proven?

Thanks,

Andy