nafex - Re: [nafex] Potted Pomegranates

  • From: Lee Reich <leeareich@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Potted Pomegranates
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:33:25 -0400

My Iranian varieties flowered for the first time this year. Just a few
flowers, most of which dropped off. Lester Davis pointed out that there are
male and female blooms. The males are more V-shaped, the females have bulbous
bases. Most of the dropped flowers were, obviously, male. A couple of females
started to develop but started to rot because of humid and rainy weather. Oh
well, there's always next year.

Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at http://leereich.blogspot.com/
http://leereich.com/