nafex - Re: [nafex] If it too late in the year to chip bud?

  • From: anton ptak <antonptak@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] If it too late in the year to chip bud?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:12:34 -0500

Hi Ginda - I'm not sure, but from what I've heard it is ok to chip bud here through september, so since we're in mid-october, you may be ok since you're warmer than here. i'd say it's worth a shot, as it might depend on what weather comes our way in the next few weeks. Nothing to loose right?

I just did a few chip grafts a couple weeks ago, around the time of our first frost, so next spring let's compare notes on pushing late season grafting . . .

Anton Ptak
zone 4a w. wisc