nafex - Re: [nafex] Relocating squirrels

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Relocating squirrels
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 15:49:50 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I also prefer to relocate squirrels. I relocate them to a large metal
holding container with plenty of other squirrels for company, fresh water,
potatoes, carrots and other tasty treats. To be sure that they get essential
micronutrients, I add some salt.

A comfortable temperature for the squirrels is important. I am sure to keep
them warm (about 100 degrees C). So that they are not overheated, I first
remove their fur coats.

After a few hours, they seem very comfortable in their new environment and I
can even let them out. They are so tame that I even enjoy their company at
dinner. They are so well-behaved that I don't worry about them stealing food
from me. They seemed so stressed before with all the racing around, throwing
fruit on the ground, and scolding everyone.

It is a much happier arrangement and coincidentally, my grocery bills are
less now. It must be because I don't have to buy fruit. ;)

Anton